Pokhara is a small city packed with various wonderful destinations to explore. The best way to experience all of it is by traveling with a motorbike. Renting a motorbike from our app, “Rhino Ride” you can get to explore the city as you please. Some of the best places where you can take your motorbike to are:
1) Rupa Taal is a fresh water lake which is the third biggest lake in Pokhara. It is a 20 kilometers ride from the lakeside which takes about roughly an hour to reach. Take the highway from Pokhara to Kathmandu and while the google maps might show you the route to take the highway, the crowded vehicles and dust can make the journey tiresome therefore we suggest you take a left when you reach Taalchwok which takes you to beautiful dusk and crowd-free black topped route to Rupa Taal.
2) Sarangkot Sarangkot is a hill top destination where you can enjoy the view of the Annapurna Himalaya. The panoramic view of the Himalayan peaks, from Dhaulagiri (8167m) in the west to the perfect pyramid of Machhapuchhare (6997m) can almost have a religious effect. The route for Sarangkot is a highway from Pokhara – Baglung which is a 6 lane road after 2.9 km’s on the highway take a left onto the Sarangkot Road. The route then consists of uphill black topped as well as an off-road track for 6.7kms until you reach your destination. The dynamic route will definitely keep you entertained the whole time.
3) Peace Pagoda is situated on the hill top of Pumdi Bhumdi. From the very first step, you can feel positive energy which surrounds this place, the entire view of the Phewa Lake and the backdrop of the Annapurna range is definitely worth while every time you spend. Again, the google maps can suggest you take a shorter route from the but the road is not yet black topped which makes the route very difficult and troublesome. A much better option is to keep going forward on the Siddartha Rajmarga a bit further and taking a right after. This route is a very well-conditioned black topped road that takes you directly to the Peace Pagoda.
4) Paame If you are looking for a short route to take a ride from Lakeside then you should definitely go for Paame. You can enjoy the mesmerizing view of the Pokhara city and the Phewa Lake from Paame which is only 2.8kms from Lakeside. The best time to visit here is during the dusk and the route is to go straight from the Hallanchwok which takes you only roughly 15mins to reach.
5) Begnas Lake is the second biggest lake in Pokhara which is surrounded by dark green forests. You should definitely try the local fish which you can find there. The route for Begnas Lake is 16 km from Hallanchwok and will take you roughly 30 mins to reach. Take the Prithivi Rajmarg, the highway from Pokhara to Kathmandu, and left after you reach Taalchwok. From there it is only a 10 mins ride to Begnas Lake. The lake will give you a scenic experience of the beautiful lake and the reflection of the surrounding hills which is absolutely beautiful.